kizzyk

Saturday 25 January 2014

Fashola dares FG over link bridge

LAGOS — Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola has said his
administration will go ahead with the construction of the Lekki link
bridge without waiting for Federal Government approval.
Also, he said he will not seek for any approval before embarking on
the state ferry service.
Governor Fashola spoke in Lagos, yesterday, during the 13th
National Council on Transportation, with the theme ‘Transformation
of Transport Infrastructure as a Catalyst for Socio economic
Growth.’
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state
According to Fashola, it was absurd for an agency like the National
Inland Waterways Authority, NIWA, to require his administration to
apply for a permit to build the Lekki link bridge over the Lagos
lagoon or to develop municipal water transportation facilities, which
would be beneficial to Lagosians.
He said: “I believe that each state has the capacity to operate and
manage its municipal water transport, inside the territory of the
state.
“I find it difficult a situation, where NIWA asks me to come and
take up a permit before I set up a jetty on my own lagoon we will
not stand for it. I also find it objectionable, where NIWA suggests to
me that before we can build the Lekki link bridge, over a lagoon
inside Lagos, I should come and take a permit to build a bridge for
the citizens of Lagos we will not apply for it.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/fashola-dares-fg-link-bridge-
ferry-service/

No comments:

Post a Comment