kizzyk

Saturday 15 February 2014

I don’t have cancer –Stella Monye

Samba Queen, Stella Monye, has described a story that said she was down with cancer as a fabrication.

Last week, it went viral on the social media that the Oko mi ye exponent was ill and had even sold a landed property in order to raise funds for her medical treatment.

However, Monye who spoke to Saturday Beats on the phone earlier in the week, sounded healthy when she said she was never diagnosed with cancer but diabetes.

“I am diabetic and I just knew about it last year. I am managing the condition and I don’t think it is terminal. I only had to change my eating habit and my diet and since then, I have been okay. I don’t even have any property. Where did I get the property they claimed I sold?” she wondered.

Monye said she lost some weight because of the change in her diet but “I have even regained the weight. I don’t look sickly for anybody to think I am ill.”

The Samba queen attributed the story to the handiwork of critics who she felt are not happy with her success.

“This is just a wicked and malicious lie. I had been in Abuja and I just got back. I didn’t go to any hospital when I was coming back. I don’t know what is wrong with some people. All I know is that I don’t have cancer,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment